This would be a great way to get kids to eat their fruits!
Strawberry Kiwi Fruit Leather
- 4 1/2 cups strawberries & kiwi
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Sugar to taste (3 Tablespoons)
- Dice up the fruit
- Place the fruit in a saucepan with the lemon juice over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the fruit is very soft.
- Purée fruit in a blender until smooth, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to the lowest setting, at least somewhere between 140-170°F with rack in middle.
- Line a large baking sheet with plastic wrap. Spray the plastic wrap lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour hot purée onto prepared pan and spread thinly (as evenly as possible) into a rectangle using spatula.
- Dry purée in oven until it feels dry to the touch, about 6-8 hours.
- Cool on plastic on a rack until completely dry, at least 3 hours and up to 24.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over leather, then peel leather off liner and roll up in parchment.
- Store wrapped in plastic for up to one month
Learn how to create unique bracelets from Popsicle sticks.
i love this chalkboard situation. in fact, i am going to make one today! i gots me an easy recipe to MAKE chalkboard paint. i have to dig it up to post it, but it’s basically the easiest thing you could possible image. i am thinking about painting my entryway/mudroom this week. so: per 1 cup of ANY paint you wish, add 2 Tbsp. of non sanded grout.